Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Fall To-Read List

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Welcome to another post for the weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, they post a new Top Ten list, and then bloggers respond with their answers. Without further ado, this week's list (in no particular order)! 

Top Ten Books On My Fall To-Be-Read List:

Ah, fall! A time of pumpkin and spice and everything nice! Other than already purchasing more than my fair share of everything pumpkin this week at the grocery store (pumpkin english muffins, where have you been all my life?), I have quite a list of books I'd like to tackle in the next few months.

First the new or newer releases:


1.  Ancillary Sword by Anne Leckie: the first in this series (Ancillary Justice) won all the awards this year, and I am one of those people who thinks it deserved it. I am really looking forward to another story with the alien perspective of Breq!
2.  Three Body Problem by Liu Cixin: this novel is a multiple award winning novel in China. It is being translated and released in English for the first time in November.
3.  The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell: as mentioned last week, I really enjoyed Mitchell's unconventional storytelling in his Cloud Atlas (and even thought the movie was decent), so I am looking forward to his new release.
4.  Fool's Assassin by Robin Hobb: I haven't read enough Hobb, and I know that I need to remedy that. I've had this book on my to-read list for awhile.
5.  Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King: True story -- I am a member of a local all-girl's book club that is pretty awesome. In November, we are supposed to read another chick-lit book, but a few of us have revolted and decided to read this Stephen King instead (yes, I have found my tribe). 

And then the older releases that I'm hoping to finally tackle this fall:


  6.  Outlander by Diana Gabaldon: As noted in my SDCC wrap up, Gabaldon really impressed me at her panel I attended. I am hoping to start this series in the fall. 
7.  Red Country by John Abercrombie: Another author I met at SDCC, I have a pile of his books to read. I really enjoyed his latest release (Half a King review here), and his short story in the Dangerous Women anthology. 
8.  The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes: I've heard a lot of buzz about Beukes latest book (Broken Monsters), and it has put this other novel by her up higher on my to-read list again (seeing as it has been sitting on my kindle for over a year). 
9.  Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood: Atwood is another author I have vowed to read more of, and her sci-fi series in pretty high on my to-read list.
10. Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold: I went on a Bujold binge this time last year (highly recommended), reading pretty much all of her fantasy (Chalion series and The Sharing Knife series). Her Vorkosigan series is definitely high on my to-read list.

I'm not certain I will get to all these books but I am certainly going to have fun trying! Ah, the life of a literary addict. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Exploring Worlds
Template by These Paper Hearts